With the New Year right around the corner, I wanted to reflect on some of the unseen events that took place this year! The best moments in life don’t make it to social media, so here is a list of some events that weren’t captured on my blog this year. (In no particular order):
- I moved my Mom here to Connecticut from California, and was able to spend more time with her than I had in years!
- My niece, Julia was born on May 5th!
- We attended the New England Music Awards in Boston, where my husband’s band won “Best Band in Connecticut”!
- I finally finished putting together our wedding album!
- I received a promotion at work and was able to attend 2 business trips – The first one being at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Hotel in NYC.
- I spent a lot of time watching and listening to my husband play drums and attended countless shows.
- My husband and I attended our third Electric Daisy Carnival in NYC! (I love EDM)
- We spent a lot of time playing with and snuggling our cat, Pepper.
- We went on a romantic getaway to beautiful Stowe, Vermont over Easter weekend.
- We celebrated our first wedding Anniversary – I surprised my husband with a boudoir photo shoot, which is something I’ve always wanted to do!
Overall, 2016 was not my best year – We lost my mom at the end of October, but I am beyond grateful to the family and friends who were there during the most difficult time of my life. It has taught me the true meaning of family and friendship. Losing my mom has made me realize how precious life is, to appreciate every single moment, and not worry or stress out about little things. I am so ready and excited to start a new year – The best is yet to come! Happy New Year!